Tag: Department

Princeton University Admitted Systemic Racism Is a Problem So the Department of Education Launched an Investigation

After Princeton University released a statement earlier this month acknowledging systemic racism is a problem on its campus, the Department of Education decided to launch an investigation into the school. Don’t worry though, this is totally not a way to punish a school for committing to be less racist.

According to NBC News, the university released a letter it received from Department of Education Assistant Secretary Robert King. The letter states that the university could be asked to return $75 million in federal funds awarded to the school in the seven years since current university President Christopher L. Eisgruber took

Read more

The Department of Education’s alternative to A Levels, T Levels, launch today

Photo credit: TarikVision - Getty Images
Photo credit: TarikVision – Getty Images

From Cosmopolitan

The Department of Education’s alternative to A Levels, T Levels, have launched today [14 September 2020].

T Levels will follow GCSEs, run for 2-years, and be the equivalent of 3 A Levels. The courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses in a bid to ensure content meets the needs of industry employers, and prepares students for work.

“T Level students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need,” the DoE’s website reads. “The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where they put

Read more

Top NYC Education Department officials quit as city braces for unprecedented school year

As the city attempts to pull off a school year full of unprecedented challenges, top Department of Education officials are heading for the exits.

Ursulina Ramirez is set to step down as the DOE’s chief operating officer next week. Earlier this summer, Cheryl Watson-Harris quit as first deputy chancellor. Tomas Hanna, who was chief human capital officer, also jumped ship.

While Mayor de Blasio named a replacement for Watson-Harris last month and there’s another official acting in Hanna’s role, it wasn’t immediately clear how Ramirez’s vacancy will be filled — and whether the departures will hamper efforts to keep kids

Read more